April 13, 2016
Networking… many people hear the term and shudder!
Our Managing Director, Stephen Cole, believes you can’t build a business sitting behind a desk. Networking for Cole AD is an essential part of agency life! Attending the right events over the last 3 months, such as BNI Evolution*, have won Cole AD design work from new clients including:
- BoConcept Glasgow
- Project Ability
- Trading Standards Scotland
- Village Hotels
Here are a few tips below:
- Research the event in advance. Who is attending and get a copy of the delegate list.
- Go solo to the event. It means you’ll talk to people you don’t know… which is what networking is all about.
- The numerous business cards you collect, mark the ones you wish to follow up on and get in touch within 48hrs.
- The best book to check out on this topic that we’ve read is The Jelly Effect by Andy Bounds. It offers great ideas into developing your 30 sec pitch, being a person of value and ace exit strategies when you need to escape.
As always, thanks for reading & good luck!
* BNI Evolution meets at Campanile Hotel every Friday morning 6:45am – 8:30am. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to visit.